The YAMAHA R series has always been popular among the crowd.And even though they are mainly designed to race on tracks , still people who love sports bikes would like to own them and ride them on the city roads to grab the fullest attention.Apart from the style these bikes sure have power.The R15 was merely 150 cc bike which was specially designed for the youths of middle and upper middle classes.and now there is another contender on that line.YAMAHA launched this bike back in 2009 in US The bike lovers in India eagerly waiting for the launch of the Yamaha R6.
Yamaha YZF R6 is most advanced 600cc bike produced ever as it is equipped with race oriented technologies and features.The YZF R6 looks like one of those science fiction machines from the future that take your breath away the minute you see them. It gives you a feel of sharp lines flying in the air turning into a marvelous sports bike. It not only looks good but is also extremely comfortable to ride on. Front and rear disk brakes and a sturdy chassis give a smooth suspension and precise ride. The bike is designed to give an equal weight distribution and easy ride.The R6 has almost attained a cult status amongst its fans and is really an awesome, awesome bike to ride. However it is not a bike to be handled by novice riders and is clearly meant for more seasoned ones.
Yamaha YZF R6 Engine Specification –
- Bore x stroke 67.0 x 42.5 mm
- Carbutator Fuel injection
- Clutch type Wet multiple-disc coil spring
- Compression ratio 12.8:1
- Displacement 599 cc
- Engine type Liquid cooled, 4-stroke, forward inclined, parallel 4-cylinder, 16-valves, D0HC
- Final transmission: Chain
- Fuel tank capacity 17.5 litres
- Ignition system TCI
- Lubrication system Wet sump
- Maximum power With direct air induction: 97.8 kW (133 PS) @ 14,500 rpm / Without direct air induction: 93.4 kW (127 PS) @ 14,500 rpm
- Maximum torque With direct air induction: 68.0 Nm (6.93 kg-m) @ 12,000 rpm / Without direct air induction: 66.0 Nm (6.73 kg-m) @ 12,000 rpm
- Oil tank capacity 3.4 litres
- Starter system Electric
- Transmission system Constant mesh, 6-speed
Yamaha YZF R6 Chassis –
- Chassis Aluminium die-cast Deltabox
- Front brake Dual discs, : 310 mm
- Front suspension system Telescopic fork
- Front travel 120 mm
- Front tyre 120/70 ZR17M/C (58W)
- Rear brake Single disc, : 220 mm
- Rear suspension system Swingarm (link suspension)
- Rear travel 120 mm
- Rear tyre 180/55 ZR17M/C (73W)
Yamaha YZF R6 Dimensions –
- Minimum ground clearance (mm) 130 mm
- Weight incl. oil, gas, etc: 187.8 kg (414.0 pounds)
- Seat height: 851 mm (33.5 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
- Overall height: 1,100 mm (43.3 inches)
- Overall length: 2,040 mm (80.3 inches)
- Overall width: 701 mm (27.6 inches)
- Wheelbase: 1,379 mm (54.3 inches)
Additional Features –
- Built-in lap timer is controlled by a right handlebar switch.
- Multifunction digital and analog instrumentation features: programmable shift light, digital speedometer, analog tachometer, dual trip-meters with miles-on-reserve function, odometer, water temp gauge and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals.
Yamaha YZF R6 Price in India Ex Showroom Delhi: Rs. 6,00,000/- Indian Rupees (INR)
( Price of Yamaha YZF R6 in India Ex Showroom Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad will be updated soon )