Hyundai’s i40 is a family-sized estate car. South Korean car manufacturer reckons it can attract retail customers to this Tourer (estate) version with a killer blend of price, specification, attractive styling and outstanding fuel economy.
The i40 features Hyundai’s now-signature hexagonal grille and large, chiselled front bumper, alongside the familiar swooping body contours and high-waisted window line. Other features include the Style trim level including cruise control, satnav, dual-zone air-con, a parking camera, folding mirrors, stop/start, privacy glass and automatic wipers.
Power for the i40 comes courtesy of either a 2.0-litre GDI petrol from Hyundai’s ‘Nu’ engine family or a 1.7-litre common-rail direct-injection four-cylinder turbo-diesel – both of which can be paired to either a six-speed manual gearbox (entry-level Active variants only) or six-speed automatic transmission with standard paddle-shifters behind the steering wheel. It also produces 100kW of power and 330Nm (between 2000 and 2500rpm), or 320Nm when paired with the six-speed automatic.
The car also includes a vehicle stability management system (VSM) which Hyundai claims can manage the safety systems more effectively by automatically applying them as needed, as well as providing counter-steering assistance for the driver in emergency situation.This new Hyundai i40 also fitted with no fewer than 9 airbags – driver and front passenger, front and rear thorax, side curtain and driver’s knee bag – and anti-whiplash front headrests.There’s plenty of space and the seat-folding mechanism is simple enough; with them collapsed you get 1,719 liters of space.
Hyundai i40 Specifications –
- Hyundai i40 has the all new and improved engine that delivers great power and fuel efficiency
- Six-speed manual gearbox will accelerate to 130 kilometers per hour (81 mph) in just 15.7 seconds
- A record number of fuel economy 6.7 l/100 km (combined cycle) and achieved a rating of just 156 g CO2 / km.
- Hyundai i40 is available with a choice of four Euro V-compliant engines: two petrol and two diesel.
- This unit includes the power of the spread of 115 ps to 177 ps, with extended torque delivery at various engine speeds-wide.
- Hyundai i40 equipped with the units of GDI (gasoline direct injection)
- Luxurious interior and Hi-tech dashboard.
- A hell lot of space.you get 1,719 liters of space
- Style,Glamor and Luxury of a sedan.
Hyundai i40 Price in India –
It will be launched in India in December 2011.Hyundai i40 Price India:Rs. 17 lakhs.