Mitsubishi’s SUV…the Pajero was named after Leopardus pajeros, the Pampas Cat which inhabits the Patagonia plateau region in southern Argentina. The first Pajero prototype was unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show in November 1973. The Pajero II prototype followed in 1978, five years later. Mitsubishi’s aim was to create more of a recreational vehicle, not just an SUV.
The Pajero series of SUV has all along been very famous and popular.Its well-known for its looks,Comfort,Space and Power.But this SUV offers stunning new features .
- 2.5-litre diesel engine which generates 178PS of power and 400Nm of maximum torque.
- Engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox with 4WD
- 36 degree approach angle, 25 degree departure angle and 23 degree break-over.
- 17-inch alloy wheels wrapped in 265/65 R17 tyres
- Aailable in six different colours
- Leather seats, an MP3 player with a slot for USB, audio display and fuel consumption information, automatic climate control system,
- Leather wrapped steering wheel with audio controls and a gear knob wrapped in leather as well.
- The altimeter, barometer has been carried over
- The middle row passengers have manual airconditioner blowers with a 60:40 split seats
- Third row passengers have 50:50.
- Self-levelling projector headlamps,
- Rear parking sensors and rear wash wipe with a defogger.
- Mitsubishi have kitted the SUV with driver and passenger airbags and ABS & EBD with brake boosters.
This SUV is only available in one variant yet.But very soon more varients of this wonderful SUV will be launched in indian market.Its really a masterpiece if design and luxury.Very promising for upper middle class masses of India.Kind of a same varient of this model was previously lauched in Thailand where it seemed to be very successful.Thats why the company has its fingers crossed.We hope that this SUV will get the same attention from the customers in India too.
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport specifications –
- Engine : 2.5L 16-valve intercooled turbocharged DOHC Common rail DI-D Engine
- Transmission : INVECS-II 5-speed automatic with sports mode
- maximum Power : 175bhp
- Maximum Torque : 314Nm
- Dimensions : 4695x1815x1790 mm
- Wheelbase : 2800mm
- Ground Clearance : 215mm
- Gross Weight : 2600 kg
- Minimum turn radius : 5.6m
- Fuel tank capacity : 70 L
Mitsubishi Pajero Sports Mileage : Around 15kmpl
Mitsubishi Pajero Sports price in India –
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sports Price in Delhi – Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 4X4 Manual: Rs.23.53 lakh