Good news for the people who always wanted a attention grabbing dazzling sports bike.Well say welcome to Hyosung.Its a newcomer in the Indian bike industry but the bikes they are planning to launch in Indian market seems to be very promising.They are now ready to bring in the GT250R, a fully faired bike with similar styling as its bigger 650cc cousin, the GT650R.The bike almost looks identical to its 650 cc cousin but has a 2 cylinder engine of 250 cc displacement.
The power of the engine may be less but the style is not.Its obvious that for a road two wheeler vehicle you dont need that much of power at all,Specially in case of indian roads.The GT250R is powered by a strong and powerful two-cylinder, V-twin DOHC eight-valve engine, 249 cc engine. The design of the V-twin means that it will give you more low range torque than you would get with an I-4 engineered engine. Appart from the power , the bike just looks stunning and have marvalous new high tech features inbuilt.The modern styling doesn’t just show itself with the bodywork, the instrument cluster is also full of modern equipment.
Detailed Specifications –
- Engine Type – Air / Oil cooled 75 Degree V-twin DOHC, 4-valve per cylinder
- Displacement – 249 cc
- Maximum Power – 27 HP @ 10500 RPM
- Maximum Torque – 16.73 lb/ft @ 8000 RPM
- Bore x Strock (mm) – 57 mmx 48.8 mm
- Compression Ratio – 10.3:1
- Starting – Electric
- Clutch – Wet, Multiplate
- Gear Box – Constant mesh 5-speed (1down 4up)
- Brakes Front – 300 mm Semi floating double discs, 2 pistons calipers
- Brakes Rear – 230 mm Single disc, 2 pistons calipers
- Front Suspension – 41 mm Upside down Telescopic
- Rear Suspension – Linkage type Mono shock absorber
- Front Tyre Size – 110/70-17 54H
- Rear Tyre Size – 150/70-17 69H
Fuel Tank –
- Fuel Capacity – 17L/4.5 gal
- Fuel Reserve – 3 ltr
- Length (mm) – 2080 mm
- Width (mm) – 655 mm
- Height (mm) – 1125 mm
- Weight (Kg) – 176 kg
Price – The price has not yet been declared officially.The expected price is about Rupees 2 – 2.5 lacks…
- One of the best looking motorcycles in its class.
- V-twin engine delivers usable power for a new rider.
- Modern instrument cluster includes a digital speedometer.
- Newer company, reliability hasn’t been tested.
- Low quality material
- Excess Vibration