Mobile has become a very important part of our daily life.Along with phone calls and sms it also serves us as music player , Radio , phone book , calculator , diary , web browser , camera , Reminder , Video player , Video game player , Office file and presentation viewer and editor and even as a torch…. Its the most useful tool of modern era.It defines our digital life and helps to organize our real life.
Loosing your mobile can be really frustrating.Its not always only for the money value of the mobile,but also for the tons of settings,customizations,contacts,and most importantly files that you loose with it.And now a days most people use expensive smartphones which are really costly.More over if your phone is stolen,the thief can misuse your contacts and other Sensitive data like account details,contacts,bank account details,stored emails and messages.
If your phone has mobile tracker,it can help you to track down the thief.But if not then there is aother process which can be used to trace your stolen phone.
Steps To Do –
First call your Network service provider (Connection provider) and give them all the details they need to prove your identity and request them to Block the SIM and stop all services.
Now send an e-mail to [email protected] With the following info.
- Your Name (and the registered name of lost mobile phone’s owner, in case if both are different)
- Your address
- Phone number (mention the number that the lost mobile phone had and any other working phone number in order to reach you)
- Phone make and Model (for example, Nokia 5530)
- Last called number (as far as you can recall)
- Your email ID
- The IMEI number of the lost mobile
- No need to go to police station or to do any kind of FIR
Keep all these information stored for emergency use .
The IMEI is a Unique 15 digit number that every original mobile should have and can be found out by dialing *#06#. It is always advised to write down the IMEI number safely some where immediately after you buy a new phone.
In case you didn’t make a note of it before and now that you lost your mobile, search for the ‘Mobile Bill’ or Receipt that you may have received when you purchased the Mobile Phone. If you’re lucky enough, the Bill should contain the IMEI number of the mobile along with the battery and charger number.
How does it work?
- When ever you switch on your mobile with a SIM installed , its IMEI number gets registered to the Network Service providers system.It can also precisely tell the location of the tower from which the phone is receiving signals.
- Your SIM inside the phone is blocked,so it is useless and must be replaced.Generally thieves do replace the SIM as soon as possible to avoid any trace.
- To use the phone ,the thief must use a new SIM.
- Now Police can back trace the mobile number to which the IMEI number of the stolen phone is currently registered.
- Details of the owner of the SIM can be recovered from the connection provider company database.
- If somehow the address and details of that SIM turns out fake,there is another way to trace that mischief.
- When ever you enter a network area ,your SIM gets registered to the TOWER from which you are receiving signals.If you leave that area and enter another one,automatically you are deregistered from the previous TOWER and registered to the new one.
- The police can back trace to the location of the tower to which the SIM is currently registered.
- Then Your Mobiles exact location will be traced within via a complex system of cell triangulation,and GPS Networks.