Websites made Free, Fast and Easy for All Indian Businesses!
Google just announced a new initiative for India.According to Google “Of every three searches on Google,One is a local business search.”And there are a lot of small local businesses out there in India.Small businesses are vital in their contribution to India’s socio-economic development. The nation’s small businesses account for 95% of the industrial units in the country and are the second largest employers of human resources. Almost 45% of the total exports from India are dependent on small businesses. Although majority of consumers look online for local products and services, small businesses do not have a website or online presence. This makes them invisible to many potential customers.Google says that, of an estimated 8 million small business in India, only about 400,000 have an online presence. The company hopes to help about half a million more of these business get up and running with a website within the next three years.
Importance of an website –
- Be “open for business” 24/7
- Showcase your products and services
- Get found by customers looking online for businesses like yours
- Promote your business to new and existing customers
- Stand out from your competition
- Worldwide exposure
- Easy update and communication
What are they Offering –
- A free, easy-to-build, professional website
- A free .in domain name and hosting for one year
- Free email addresses
- Free online tools & resources
- A complimentary Adword Coupon of $51 or Rs.2500
- Federation of Indian Micro and Small & Medium Enterprises
- Standard Chartered
How does Google,Hostgator stand to benefit from it?
- We assume that Google sees the opportunity to get more business users for Google Apps.
- Potential members to its AdWords campaign as more people start taking their businesses online.
- Hostgator will get potential customers for hosting more websites.The websites are free for only first year.From next year users will be charged a nominal fee for continuation of the services.
- HostGator could also see direct benefit from this offering, with the higher visibility that an association with Google brings to its brand. The free hosting solution can also act like a gateway drug for new business owners, who may choose to start paying to continue hosting their websites with the company once the first year is up
But even if Google and Hostgator have their financial interests and future plans about this initiative , One must admit that India and Indian Small business community is getting a lot more in return.Its more likely a Win-Win situation for both of the parties.One Year is enough time to evaluate the effect of online exposure towards your business.And if it really helps to grow your business much more , You would obviously continue the services even if they are no longer free.