As is now usual, Microsoft is distributing a pre-beta, Consumer preview version of Windows 8 (for x86/x64 PCs only; the hardware to run the ARM version on isn’t finished yet).
Windows 8 is Microsoft’s combined desktop, laptop and tablet operating system, designed to go from 10-inch touch-only tablets to big screens in your living room, from ultra-portable notebooks to massive gaming systems and business desktops.When finished developing it would be compatible with many processors and gadgets.You can run windows 8 on a mobile device , Tablet , Mini laptops and even HiFi Gaming desktop PCs.It will be a single platform for all those devices which would make those devices easy to integrate and synchronize.You would be able to share , edit and view files in any device easily.
Get your copy of Windows 8 Consumer Preview English, 64-bit (x64)
Microsoft also supplied some system requirements for the Windows 8 Developer preview –
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch
- This download does not include developer tools. You must download the Windows 8 Developer Preview with developer tools 64-bit (x64) to build Metro style apps
- You can’t uninstall the Windows 8 Consumer Preview. To go back to your previous operating system, you must reinstall it from restore or installation media.
- This is just a preview download and can be removed from the internet without prior notice.Download your copy as soon as possible,This is not a full version Windows 8.