Bajaj has launched their first car ,the RE 60 in the indian market few days ago which is an very affordable car and a direct competitor to TATA Nano.It is said to be the cheapest car in the market with huge mileage at about 35 kmpl . It is targeted for the intra-city urban transportation .The car would cost about 1.25 lacks in india almost at the same price range as the Nano.
If you look at the car you would say that its a 3 wheeler with one extra wheel.Not really as much stylish as the Nano is but the point is that it does not need to be as the Nano is a family car where as its mainly targeted for intra-city urban transportation .Powered by an 200 cc engine which can drive this car upto a maximum speed of 70 kmph.its power to weight ratio similar to other A-segment cars in India.Its gear is in the middle of the dashboard just below the speedometer .The front bumper is big and there is a single wiper on the front windscreen .The key features of this car are –
- Its very much affordable
- Fuel efficient
- Less maintenance cost
- Light weight
- Produce enough power to keep up with Urban traffic.
- Higher power to weight ratio
Detailed features of BAJAJ RE 60 –
- Light weight monocoque metal polymer hybrid structure that makes the body comparatively lightweight but hard and safe enough for the vehical
- Closed-loop fuel injection system – Higher output from small engine with better fuel efficiency
- Powered by a 200cc water cooled, 4 valve, DTSI technology will make around 20hp –
- Petrol, CNG and LPG are the only fuel options – Diesel engine not under consideration as this is a light weight vehicle.Only petrol version is out in the market,but very soon the CNG and LPG versions are expected to be released.
- 44 liter rear boot storage, 7 liter under the hood and 400 liters when the seats are folded down.
- Max speed 70kph
- Turning circle radius – 3.5m
- Length – 2,752mm
- Width – 1,312mm
- Height – 1,650mm
- Seating Capacity – 2+2 or 1+3
- Kerb weight 400kg
- Fuel efficiency or mileage – 35 kmpl (under test run at the speed of 40 kmph)
Bajaj RE60 Price : The new Bajaj car price is expected to start from Around Rs.1.25 Lakh