iOS 6.0.1 update has brought a huge list useful features and improvement’s to the iDevices.Even though the MAP is a total turn off but still they are making good improvements to enhance the Maps and GPS Navigation system. These are official download links.We recommend to use the latest firmware for better user experience, functionality, features and security. There are Two different methods of updating the Firmware.Please go through the steps carefully to update the firmware.Do not forget to backup your Data and Contacts before updating the firmware.
iOS 6.0.1 Update Improvement’s and Fixes –
- Prevents iPhone 5 from installing software’s wirelessly over the air.
- Fixing bug for horizontal lines appearing on keyboard.
- Fixes bug for Camera Flash not getting tuned off.
- Improves Wi-Fi reliability when connecting to WPA2 networks.
- Resolves issue for mistake cellular networks use.
- Fixed passcode bug that allowed passbook access from lock screen.
- Fixes Bug affecting exchange meetings.
Method 1 –
- The Update is freely available to all iDevice users.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update in your iDevice and Download the available Software update.
- The expected size of the Download is about 45 MB (may vary).
Method 2 –
Download the appropriate Firmware file from the links below and update it using the iTunes software for Windows or Mac.
iOS 6.0.1 Firmware Direct Download Links –
- Download iOS 6 for iPhone 5, 1 (At&T/Canada)
- Download iOS 6 for iPhone 5, 2 (International, aka other carriers)
- Download iOS 6 for iPhone 4S
- Download iOS 6 for iPhone 4 CDMA
- Download iOS 6 for iPhone 4 GSM
- Download iOS 6 for iPhone 3GS
- Download iOS 6 for iPad 4th Gen
- Download iOS 6 for iPad 3 Global
- Download iOS 6 for iPad 3 CDMA
- Download iOS 6 for iPad 3 Wi-Fi
- Download iOS 6 for iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- Download iOS 6 for iPad 2 At&T
- Download iOS 6 for iPad 2 Verizon
- Download iOS 6 for iPod Touch 5th Gen
- Download iOS 6 for iPod Touch 4th Gen
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following ‘readme’ instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.