Acer has launched the thinnest laptop at CES 2012.The Aspire S5 is the world’s thinnest Ultrabook to date, measuring only 15mm at the widest point and weighs only 1.35 kg.The design of the laptop is compact,But the small size does not compromises with its power.This laptop has The latest Intel 2nd/3rd generation processor,8 GB of DDR 3 RAM and SSD hard drives under the hood.These components are expensive but they enable the laptop to have lightning fast speed and awesome compact size.
“Size does matter” – This laptop has proven that to be wrong.Most mobile devices now a days are wider than this laptop.You would really be surprised to see how can this small laptop can house soo much powerful hardware components in it.The standout feature of the S5 is certainly its Magical I/O port. it comes with motorised flap, Press a key to the right of the keyboard and the lower rear section of the laptop extends down revealing previously hidden ports. There’s a good selection too, with HDMI, USB3 and Thunderbolt.
Acer Aspire S5 ultrabook specifications :
- Display : 13.3-inch
- Processor : Latest Intel second generation or the upcoming Intel 3rd generation Ivy Bridge CPU
- Operating system : Windows 7
- Memory : up to 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage : SSD
- Bulit-in microphone and webcam
- Dolby Home Theater audio
- Chiclet keyboard
- Acer Green Instant On technology for fast boot and wake from sleep
- Battery backup : up to 10 hours
- Weight : 1.35kg
- Thickness : 15 mm
- Connectivity : Wireless LAN WiFi b/g/n , Gigabit Ethernet LAN , Bluetooth v3.0